Saturday, August 25, 2007

Realm of Dreams- part 1


Come with me on a journey of perception, to the realm of Dreams. A place as vast as the mind can conceive......

As your minds eye adjusts to the focus of surreality, you see before you a land of Lush, fragrant grasses covering the gentle swell of hills.

These hills seem to go on forever, meshing beautifully with the horizon of Treetops, and Sky. In that very forest, you know deep within yourself that the Guardians of Dreams dwell, keeping watch over the s lumberings of mankind.

As you continue to focus and become accustomed to this place, you begin to notice the ground is littered with what appears to be cocoons. They are everywhere, some are the most vibrant of hues, shimmering with glistening striations of peace. These are the dreams of all the little children in the world. In this land where joy is created, and hope is born........and you can become a child again, if only for awhile.


Now come walk with me, carefully trying not to disturb these glistening shells of sublime bliss. For who really wants to be the one to hinder the wealth of imagination of these little minds. Now mind you, step lightly......

As we make our way through the cocoons, you wonder why we are here. It is because I want to show you something.


Soon enough, you realize that the land is changing and we are approaching the Trees. They are very Tall and Majestic. And you find yourself staring upwards in wonder, trying to find the Sky. As we continue on our way, you notice I am leading you down a Path. And as we Journey through the Trees you notice that everything is appearing larger and larger, and you become concerned. Without a word , I turn to reassure you that everything is fine. That this is the way of the Trees. And I allow you a moment to adjust yourself to this new sensation.


You look around a little, at all of the foliage of the forest with the eyes of a child, noticing things the way you did then. With a sense of newness and wonder. The colors are more vibrant, and everything seems brand new. It is then you realize that it is not the Trees that are growing larger, it is yourself that is growing smaller.


I approach you, and reach out my hand to you, inviting you to continue this Journey with me. For at this point, it is your choice to go on with me, or turn back now. This will be the last time I can offer you this return, before the end of our Journey. You take a moment to decide, and place your hand in mine.

With a sense of adventure and excitement that you have not felt in a long while, we walk down the pathway, and you begin to realize that you have become childlike again. For that is the only way to enter into this part of the realm of Dreams. You must leave all of your world weary cares behind, and regain the trust and innocence you had as a child. The path we take will be as long as you need to arrive at that moment.

Walking with you, hand in hand together, I sense the moment you arrive at that point. And I smile. And before us, the Trees part to allow us to enter....

What you see when we step through, takes your breath away. A Meadow filled with grasses and wildflowers. Butterflies flittering everywhere, bees droning about their business. And Dragonflies of every hue. It appears to be twilight, that majickal time of the evening when the birds are chirping sleepily, saying their goodnights, and the fireflies are out in full bloom.

The twinkling of their lights a pattern against the encroaching nighttime. And not far beyond that, a pond complete with a waterfall. And arcing through the mists coming off of the pouring waters, many Rainbows dancing in delight, in the last rays of a setting Sun.

In the distance you hear laughter, the notes skipping through the air like the sound of a flute trilling its' voice, light and airily to your ears. It is a welcome sound, for it means we have been noticed. I turn to watch your face, as you realize that the fireflies are not all fireflies....

But are, indeed, Faerykin. Some appear to be gliding towards you on their own power, while others are riding Dragonflies. And all seem to be overjoyed at our appearance. As if they had been waiting a very long time for us. And they have.

And even though as we walked, and our size and perspective changed, you find that they are the most tiny and delicate of creatures, easily fitting into the palm of your hand, if they were to allow it. At first it seems as if they are swarming around us, but then you realize that all they wanted to do was look at us, enjoying themselves fully with the knowledge that finally we had returned.


Then, you watched as they all gathered as one, and a sense of expectancy descended upon them, and you turned to face me as I held out my hand to you once again. And simply said, "It is Him".
With that said, the Faerykin did swarm around you, fluttering up close to touch you, to greet you warmly, to place many tiny kisses upon your face. Jumping from Dragonflies, or just alighting upon your shoulders. And I could tell by the look on your face that it overwhelmed you, but I just could not restrain my laughter. It was a beautiful thing, this look, as if you had never received so much love all at one time before.

24 comments:

S.B. said...

beautiful...the dream made real. lush, breathtaking descriptions. intense, emotional, and freighted with love and excitement.

chardonnay said...

Why thank you Beth! I wnted it to seem to be more than a dream sequence. To mimic those dreams hat do seem so real, and it takes awhile to accept that they are just dreams.

But , oh how I wish they were real!!!!!!!

S@n said...

I read this story back in the forum and I told you there, and I'll tell you again:

A story this beautiful, a story so well written has no need for pictures.

There's no pictures that would be able to describe the places you are talking about, the creatures and the magic you mention in this masterpiece.

Your imagination goes beyond anything I have ever seen or would be able to recreate on a picture.

The story is magnificent in all its aspects, no need for pictures at all, the words are completely able to transport you to its place and time.

Sadly, a Masterpiece like this went unnoticed or unread because the lack of pictures.

But Melissa, I tell you again, your work need nothing at all. Your writing is always beautiful and you are one of those writers that are able to transport their reader to a magical place with one word!

Great job Melissa! :D

Astral Faery said...

Absolutely stunning pictures! Just breathtaking. Such a beautiful story, too. I want to stay with the faeries, I don't want to go home to dreary earth. I'm glad there's more to read so I can stay longer.

chardonnay said...

I Thank you Sandy!

Not only for the lovely imagery that you have created to depict my simple story. But for taking the time to do so, and showing such awesome support.

I must admit, that even tho' my own imagination is sufficient in writing, when it comes to capturing the essence of my writing in pictures, I am sadly lacking. You have managed to capture the soul of my story, and once again bring it to life.

I stand humbled in the face of your artistic creativity.

Thank you again, my friend!!!!

chardonnay said...

To Astral Faery:

Thank you for taking the time to check out this story. I am so glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I understand not wanting to go home to dreary old earth.


That's why I created this place...LOL!!!

scarlet_white said...

Wow images does help a lot to improve the poem, even as it is gorgeous and didn't really needed so much images the images were really gorgeous, this was very challenging in my opinion to convey in sims images yet it is done beautifully. You girls did a great job. Hope both of you continue it with the rest of the poem

chardonnay said...

Thanks Pablo!!! It does add something to it the story doesn't it??

Gracia said...

Wow, it is soooooo beautiful... The pictures are so beautifully combined with the absolutely great story... Just can't find the right words to describe what I think of it...

chardonnay said...

Thank you Gracia, I am glad my story left you speechless!!! LOL!!

Hopefully in time you will think of what to say, and then you can tell me....

Meanwhile I will take this as a high compliment from you. At least I am assuming that's what it was. LOL!!

KDSGS said...

Uttering enchanting and stunning! I was blown away! great work!!

~~Karen

Anonymous said...

Your words describe such overwhelming beauty, purity, and innocence... My dear Chardonnay, I'm sorry to tell you that someone that can write like that, could never be an "Evil Goddess"! :D You should be called the "Dream Goddess"! ;)

Sandy, BREATHTAKING! PERFECT!:rah:

chardonnay said...

Thank you Karen!!!

I am so glad you enjoyed my story!!

I wish things could always be like this, but alas....reality intervenes....LOL!!!

chardonnay said...

Zayruy, My friend, Thank you so much for your beautiful comment!! I am so happy you enjoyed my story!!!


But as for the whole Evil Goddess versus Dream Goddess? Well, I have to lure them in somehow!!!!

Mwahahahahaha!!!!

Damon said...

Very good!
I can't wait to read more of the story! :D

chardonnay said...

Thanks Damon...but you really don't have to wait for the pics to read the rest. There are two more sections up already....LOL!!!

Leah said...

Great job, you ladies!
The story was beautiful without the pictures already, but the gorgeous illustrations definitely add to the magic of it all.

chardonnay said...

Thank you Leah! So glad you enjoyed it, but Sandy gets all the credit for the piccies....LOL!!!

thewynd said...

Melissa, this is stunning. The words were already picturesque but the addition of Sandy's art has made it even more wonderful.

Truly breathtaking and overwhelming.

chardonnay said...

Thank you Gayl!!! I am so glad you liked it...again. Yes the pictures make it very visually stunning!!!

I have also found it overwhelmong and breathe taking!!!! Very much so!!

S.B. said...

Between the two of you, you've really created something truly wonderful! Sandy managed to capture the emotion and stunning writing perfectly! Bravo!

Lorianne said...

Oh my!!! This has left me speechless. It is such an incredible piece. I agree with the others: the pictures do it give it that something extra, but you certainly do not need the pictures! Your writing already paints a marvellous picture, and after all this is is the realm of dreams, and everyone can be free to add his or her touch of imagination to it. You describe everything so well, that I could almost feel and see every single thing you described, just as if I was there. Absolutely brilliant! One of the best pieces of writing I have ever read in my whole life (and I've read a lot!)

chardonnay said...

Thank you Lorianne!!! I am so glad you enjoyed this part.

I am estatic that you think this is the best written piece you have ever read, and rather stunned! Such a wonderful compliment!!

I hope you enjoy the next two parts just as much as this one!!!

Colliegirl said...

This was a truly beautiful piece... such a work of art... and so beautifully written. You and Sandy truly outdid yourselves! You two work very well together!

I think my favorite fairy was the one with the green leafy dress. She was so very pretty. I liked her wings, and I loved that dress she was wearing. I wish I had one like that myself! LOL!

Excellent work, girls! :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Melissa. And I am a Domestic Dictator. I rule my household with determination and sheer grit. And if you believe that, then I've got a bridge to sell you. Somewhere. And if you give me enough time, I'll figure out where. If I had to really describe myself, then I am at a loss for words. But I shall try. I would say I am a very creative person, with a sometimes big mouth, and a quick, and weird sense of humor. I like to write. I have written poetry, and stories. Some of these stories are based on the Sims2 Game.

About This Story...

Realm of Dreams written by Melissa
pictures by Sandybvv

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Proud member of

SimTales

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP